With our web design and social media work you may expect us to live almost entirely in the virtual world, to do all our networking online through social media from Linked In to Twitter. While this is a strong part of our marketing strategy it’s certainly not the only one, and is actually made more effective by developing great social networks in the ‘real world’.
So you will find myself and other members of the team here getting up at unearthly hours to attend local networking breakfasts or, for those who enjoy the extra hour or two’s sleep, going to business lunches and evening talks and nibbles.
As people know that I network widely, I often get asked about what events are available locally. With that in mind I thought it might be useful to put a list together of local networking events. If you know of one I haven’t added then do comment and let us know. Big thank you to Becki from Learn2 for supplying details for many of the clubs on this list.
Ones we attend regularly
- Birmingham Business Breakfast Club
Normally meets on the third wednesday of the month at the Botanical Gardens, Birmingham
- Birmingham Social Media Cafe
Meets on the last Friday of the month at Coffee Lounge, Navigation Street, Birmingham
- Solihull Business Breakfast Club
Meets on the Second Tuesday of the Month at the The George (Ramada) Solihull
- Coventry Business Network
Meets at Millsy’s Cafe Bar in Earlsdon every Wednesday morning
- Tirebuck Recruitment Network
Greswolde Inn, Knowle at 5pm, last Friday of every month
Other local clubs
- Leamington Business Network
Meets every Thursday morning
- BoB Club Solihull
Every other Wednesday, Loch Fyne restaurant, Knowle
- BoB Club Knowle
Every other Tuesday, Loch Fyne restaurant, Knowle.
- BoB Club Coventry
Every other Friday, Ricoh Arena
Every other Thursday morning
- BNI: Nuneaton – [email protected]
Nuneaton Golf course
- Solihull at Holiday Inn – [email protected]
- Dorridge at Hogarths – [email protected]
- Women in Management, Heart of England (WiM HoE) – [email protected]
Manor Hotel in Meriden.
- Isle Corporate Club – [email protected]
RICOH Arena, currently a free event
- Coventry & Warwickshire Young Prefessionals – [email protected]
Drinks (usually at Saxon Mill) one evening per month
- Warwickshire Business Club
Normally meets on the third Thursday of each month, at the Henley-in-Arden Golf and Country Club.
- Switched On Events
Run a variety of networking events at different times around the midlands